The Communication Officer (CO) is responsible to develop, coordinate and implement the communication
plan of Tdh Egypt delegation. Working with the programme and field teams across the delegation, s/he will
support Tdh’s internal and external communication objectives and help in visibility. S/he reports directly to
Country Representative and Regional Communication Officer.
The objective of this position is to make Tdh Egypt a visible actor in the field of child protection, migration,
access to justice and youth empowerment through active participation in public platforms, visibility and
The main tasks of this function are:
• To contribute to Tdh communication strategy at national and regional level: Develop the
Communication Action plan for the delegation in line with the Regional MENA communication
strategy and the Egypt Country Strategy and update that annualy.
• To reflect the Tdh intervention through quality communication content: write periodical stories,
news articles and other communication materials as per the communication plan of the delegation
that target internal and external audiences of interest.
• To develop quality printed and digital media communication materials: ensure Tdh Egypt has up to
date visibility and communication materials printed, digital or other forms of media that carefully
portray the issues of children in Egypt and the work of Tdh Egypt to respond to these issues.
• To contribute to the development of Tdh visibility at national level through representation and
networking: develop relationships with the relevant media and press in Egypt and other national
forums that enable Tdh Egypt to communicate with specific or wider audiences in Egypt.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
To contribute to Tdh communication strategy at national and regional level
• Contribute to the elaboration/reinforcement of the national Tdh communication strategy in
alignment with the institutional and regional strategies, and assure its follow-up and update on a
• Contribute to MENA communication strategy and plan.
To reflect the Tdh intervention through quality communication materials
• Write quality communication materials such as news articles, success stories, case studies,
testimonies, one pagers and any other form of written communication as requested from the
supervisor, adapted to different target groups (staff, donors, community and state actors, outside
• Liaise with the programme team in the field to proactively seek information and news stories about
• Maintain organizational social media platforms with regular updates and appropriate content
development and management.
• Support the project team in developing local and national awareness raising.
• Contribute in developing advocacy campaign ideas and concepts – in connection with the relevant
international campaigns like No Lost Generation, Children in the move, Time to talk, etc. – in
collaboration with RCC, PC, and under the validation of the CR.
• Contribute and participate in the translation of official communication materials – the others
translations, not related to communication material, have to be covered by donors budget, when it’s
not possible, according the workload, the communication officer can support.
To develop quality printed and media communication MATERIALS
• Produce, coordinate and supervise the production of all visibility and information materials in Tdh
• Responsible for managing the information about all donor requirements with respect to visibility and
communication and for monitoring the compliance with donor communication and branding
regulations in Tdh Egypt delegation.
• Based on the delegation Communication Action plan and in accordance with the project-specific
communication plans, organize and plan for the printing and production of all communication
materials across the delegation and the programme.
• Collaborate with the logistic and procurement department for the selection of suppliers and
procurement of the printing and produced materials ensuring the best quality standards for the
• Work closely with the contracted suppliers, such as designers, movie or video production companies,
photographers and/or printing houses focal points to ensure that the best quality of design, video and
image production and printing materials is secured for all products under development.
• Coordinate with the CR and respective programme/project staff to obtain the needed informations
to develop communication materials and then coordinate with RCC and CR to obtain feedback,
validation and approval prior to the production of all communication materials;
• Participate her/himself in the development (design, audio interview, recording or picture taking) in
accordance with the Communication Action plan and when requested from the line supervisor, with
the support of the Regional Communication Coordinator;
• Establish and maintain a central digital library of Tdh Egypt photos, videos and other reporting and
• Engage in staff capacity building of staff on communication and reporting with the support of the
Regional Communication Coordinator.
To contribute to the development of Tdh visibility at national level through representation and networking:
• Update and complete the database of media relevant stakeholders and outlets in the country.
• Provide rapid alerts to the delegation in case of media opportunities in Egypt.
• Monitor the media with regards to communication about child protection issues – especially linked
with Migration and Access to Justice topics – and prepare periodical press review for the delegation
at least on a quarterly basis.
Take the opportunity of each international and national events based on an annual calendar to
communicate through different media (social media, press, etc.) in order to enhance the delegations’
• Actively participate and support the CR and the Programme Coordinator in the organization of media
visits, donor visits or other high visibility events.
To ensure the understanding and respect of the Tdh communication GUIDELINES and RULES
• Support the delegation team to understand and respect Tdh policies regarding communication.
• Ensure that external suppliers respect the Tdh Corporate Identity.
Tdh SAFEGUARDING Policies
• Commit to respect and ensure the best implementation possible of Tdh Safeguarding Policy, its
related procedure and principles of child protection in all the settings, including the non-working
• Be clear on the functional responsibilities to prevent harm / safeguard children, communities and
colleagues both through own conduct and work;
• Commit to inform the Safeguarding Focal Point and to report any cases of allegations, or possibility
of transgression, even potential, of the Safeguarding Policy.
• Respect the principles of confidentiality, protection, good faith and non-reprisal in all interactions
with children and communities and in the communication materials produced;
• Apply the best interest of children and people principle prior to writing, producing and publishing any
sort of communication material about the children and communities participating in Tdh Egypt and
• Always ensure to take the written consent of guardians and children prior to engaging in any form of
communication with beneficiaries;
• Be a good ambassador for safeguarding and promote good practice.
• Know and implement all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes with a
particular focus on the Institutional Media and Communication policies.
• Respect Terre des hommes security procedures in Egypt.
• Support the Country Management team to organize and facilitate, conferences, exchange of
experience mission and field visits for external management staff and donor representatives.
• A close collaboration with the Programme Coordinator is key, through at least attendance to the
monthly Program Coordination Meeting.
S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Egypt, including
programming objectives in the field, financial details, and security guidelines.
A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
The incumbent will conduct her/his duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and Tdh Child
Safeguarding Policy. Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflects proper
behaviour in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the
name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
• Bachelor degree in Communication/Journalism/Broadcasting/Social Sciences and Humanities or relevant
field of study.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position; NGOs is preferred or equivalent position in a
• Very good writing skills. Proficiency in Arabic and English (French is an asset)
• Ability to take quality video and photographs.
• Proficiency in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere software.
• Ability to communicate effectively, present the program to donors and partners, write well and express
technical issues in a sensitive manner.
• Good communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, flexible world view and emotional
• Ability to work independently with little direction from others as necessary.
Others personal abilities
• Sound personal organisational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking,
prioritisation of tasks, and working under pressure;
• Communication of professional needs in a clear, concise and responsible manner.
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Tolerance and acceptance of diversity.
• Flexibility and strong adaptation skills.