The Corporate Services Officer (CSO) co-ordinates the details of service delivery execution for corporate contracts and leads on financial management and customer care duties towards our corporate clients from the B2B, B2G and B2I sectors.
The postholder is involved throughout the customer journey from the initial signing of contract through the delivery stages and finishing with the organisation of end of course customer reports and feedback. This is then followed by further engagement with the client and the cluster Sales Account Manager on future agreements and details of repeat and/or new business.
Liaising effectively with Operations and Customer Service teams locally and regionally, the CSO will engage frequently with contracted corporate clients to ensure delivery standards are maintained and the financial management of each contract is carried out compliantly and to agreed deadlines.
The role is a critical one as the postholder leads the back-end processes once sales opportunities have been closed with our growing number of corporate clients.
Finance and Resource management
▪ Invoices clients in line with financial compliance
▪ Manages corporate payments and monitors debt as part of debt control team in country/cluster
▪ Organises legal documentation and keeps accurate records of government support schemes and funding organisation scholarships linked to corporate contracts
▪ Runs essential SAP and TCMS reports on agreed financial timetable to support monitoring of corporate income and maintenance of audit trail
▪ Works closely with Customer Management team in the registering and onboarding of customers (including B2B placement/testing)
▪ Liaises with Customer Management team to manage changes/amendments to B2B and B2B2C class lists
▪ Informs Delivery team of concerns flagged by clients to help make improvements in customer experience
Service and product delivery support
▪ Leads on process for end of course reports and certificates for B2B clients –liaising effectively with Ops and Delivery teams, and ensures all deadlines met
▪ Runs feedback/ Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) system and collates results for presentation to client and sales colleagues
Relationship and Stakeholder management
▪ Listens to client needs and requests regarding future cohorts and new courses
▪ Works closely with Sales & Account Manager to provide accurate and timely data to the client as well as building opportunities for repeat and new business
Managing self and others
Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external contractors/suppliers) to complete time-limited, straightforward activities, within established procedures, to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards
• 3+ years of customer management experience
• Proficient user of SAP or equivalent financial software
• Familiarity with Salesforce or use of similar CRM
• Local language at fluent level for speaking and writing. English level at minimum of intermediate level speaking and writing
• University degree in a relevant subject or discipline
• Sales related experience in large sectors (e.g. financial services, media, pharmaceuticals tourism etc)
Job Grade: 4/H
Open to: This role is open to candidate who has the right to work in the job location.
Deadline to receive applications: August 7th, 2022.
Please note that all the applications should be submitted only in English.
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.