Purpose: The officer, HR business partner will work in coordination with the director of HR business partner to liaise any request between the designated areas and the Office of Human Resources. He/she will handle a variety of HR related duties to ensure high quality business support is provided to the area heads in alignment with the University’s HR strategies, policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the organizational structure of all offices within the designated area(s).
- Support in the creation of organization structures that meets the need of new grants, in agreement with the director, HR business partner- grants and Principle Investigators (PIs).
- Maintain and keep all job descriptions updated within designated area(s) to ensure having an updated database.
- Act as the HR focal point for the designated area(s)
- Handle the HR process for recruitment by consistently:
- Posting vacancy announcements
- Screening resumes
- Shortlisting candidates
- Arranging for interviews and English exam
- Preparing the necessary recruitment paperwork to finalize appointment and securing approvals
- Handle inquiries and offer required assistance in the performance appraisal cycle for the designated area(s).
- Create and maintain an efficient filling system for all historical and current records.
- Maintains and updates the SAP transactions for organization management module with any necessary data related to any changes in organizational structure. These include, but not limited to:
- Creation of new organization unit(s) and new position(s).
- Update status of positions (vacant, eliminated, frozen, released, filled).
- Update of position’s relationships; i.e. reporting lines.
- Provide the director of HR business partner with periodic progress reports on all operational work including status of projects in pipeline and recruitment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a related field.
- HR certification (HR Diploma or CPHRC) is an asset.
- Minimum 8 years of experience, with at least 3 years in a multi-cultural environment with particular emphasis on HR functions.
- Experience staffing/recruiting, developing job descriptions, creating organization structures and compensation within an education industry is an asset.
- Familiarity and experience with the grant cycle and operations is a plus.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community.
- Strong attention to details and the ability to prioritize while handling pressure and sensitivity to confidential information.
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, both written and spoken.
- Computer literate, including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Org Plus and SAP is an asset.
- Effective team player.
position is open until August 4, 2022