The Women’s Economic and Social Empowerment program is designed to engage, leverage, and partner with the private sector as well as public social service initiatives to encourage women’s participation in the workforce; generate demand for financial services; promote tailored, market-based solutions to women’s economic empowerment; and strengthen GBV prevention and response such that women become more economically and socially resilient.
The program’s activities integrate, mutually reinforcing private and public sector-led approaches that aim to change power relationships, transform structures, and build agency to effect results along critical change pathways. The program interventions are designed to lead women in priority governorates feeling safe, valued, and empowered at work; motivated and able to embrace financial autonomy; and respected and free from violence in their homes, communities, and workplaces.
The program works closely with market-based partners to develop, lead, scale, sustain, and champion innovative solutions, recognizing the economic and social benefits of gender-inclusive, empowering policies and practices.
Deadline for Submitting Applications: August 17, 2022
The Field Implementation officer in Minya will work closely with the Field Implementation Manager and Community Engagement Specialist to implement activities as per the program’s workplan. The FO will liaise with private sector partners, and NGOs/CDAs to ensure quality implementation of the program’s interventions at catchment areas level. S/He will also ensure coordinating all needed logistics for effective field implementation.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Liaise with local NGOs, grantees, and private sector partners to ensure effective planning of all field activities in Minya governorate as program activities scale up
- Support the program’s technical team in the implementation and development of the capacity building required for NGOs and CDAs.
- Provide oversight of local partners and sub-grants activities and grants.
- Under the supervision of the Field Implementation Manager and the technical team, responsible for the implementation of local activities in Minya governorate.
- Ensure planning and implementation of all operational and administration functions, processes and system implementation in field offices are in-line with Pathfinder and USAID guidelines and policies.
- Provide oversight of local partners, sub-grants activities and grants.
- Support in the program database based on USAID regulations and management as well as all relevant requirements and logistics for local training activities.
- Maintain training and events databases of participants and documentation.
- Coordinate with finance and accounting teams on all issues related to field activities budgets, expenditures, and overall costing – as directed by the Field Implementation Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies or related field.
- At least 6-7 years’ relevant experience in office management, activity implementation, administration.
- Experience on USAID funded projects is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in composing, editing, and proofreading written materials.
- Skill in negotiation and coordination.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Must be well organized, self-starter with attention to detail.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel to the program’s defined governorates as needed.
Effort, Reporting and Other Administrative Requirements:
The Field Implementation Officer is a full-time position that reports to the Field Implementation Manager, who will coordinate with the Field Officer on all programmatic aspects of his/her employment, including but not limited to job description, duties, qualifications, working environment, and performance. The Field Implementation Officer is based in Minya, Egypt.
This position will interact with the Women’s Economic and Social Empowerment program technical team and local NGOs and Grantees, Private Sector owners and teams. He / She may travel to various locations within Egypt, specifically the Women’s Economic and Social Empowerment program defined governorates.
- Pathfinder International is an equal opportunity employer committed to company diversity.
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment.
- Pathfinder International reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. Furthermore, the employee will review the Job Description annually with their supervisor/s to include additional or revised responsibilities and tasks as deemed necessary.