As a member of the TVET project team, you will support the achievement of project objectives
project implementation by working directly with applicants (students and vocational training
participants), TVET service providers and schools, and community members, coordinating various
project activities and events in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work to serve the poor and
vulnerable. Your service and community relations skills ensure that the local partners and
communities feed into and benefit from the project that consistently applies best practices and
continuously works towards improving its impact. Under the supervision of the Senior Project Officer
you will facilitate all livelihood field activities and support other functions.
- Responsible for outreach, intake, and selection of project participants, as well as follow-up coaching and support activities.
- Deliver and monitor outreach activities including awareness sessions, through different channels to promote for the project and outreach interested candidates.
- Provide recommendations to Senior Project Officer on vocational training quality provided through vocational centers.
- Support the coordination and monitoring of project activities at the field level, ensuring implementation schedules are met as per the detailed activity plan, and that adherence to systems for quality project implementation are strengthened.
- Support beneficiaries throughout the project life cycle and conduct regular data collection for project progress monitoring. This is conducted through different activities that include but are not limited to follow up calls, field visits, coaching and mentorship.
- Maintains beneficiaries’ records by logging events and progress. •
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on consultant activities.
- Compile data provided at the community level as per project requirements and contribute to
the preparation of reports, assessments, and evaluations.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Support:
- Collects quality data using MEAL tools on a timely basis.
- Manages database to ensure accessibility and reliability of information.
- Communicates key project information and results with community members, colleagues and
- Contributes to reflective community-based conversations on ongoing project interventions.
- Shares insights and perspectives based on observations and interactions with community
members, colleagues and stakeholders.
- Required Background and Experience: Education and Experience
- Graduate degree in a directly related field.
- Two years of work in community development and mobilization.
- Experience in technical education and vocational training will be considered an asset.
- Previous experience in delivering training topics related to education advising, career
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience with word processing, data entry into online databases and forms, and working
with various office equipment.
- Experience in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and information management systems.
Coordinate communication and facilitate information sharing among the project team,
implementing partners, and project beneficiaries at the community level.
Proficient in Word.
- Observation, active listening, and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Appropriate time management skills with ability to work on multiple tasks.
- Personal ability to deal, in a humble and dignified way, with a vulnerable segment of beneficiaries.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work smoothly in a multi-cultural environment while building good teamwork spirit.
- High tolerance rate for working under pressure and dealing with diversified cultures and tense situations.
Required/Desired Foreign Language Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required Travel required to site visits and TVET centers and school locations within Greater Cairo, Alexandria and Damietta estimated at 80%.