This position is responsible for building, designing, implementing, monitoring, and controlling Coptic Orphans’ Web and Mobile applications, UI/UX to ensure that it matches the current business processes. Also, develop all needed enhancements and integrations. Moreover, and translate our company and customer needs into functional and appealing interactive applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Oversee team of Web/Mobile/UI&UX technology professionals through guiding, mentoring, setting goals, and evaluating their performance.
- Guides his teams on technology strategy related to coding practices, continuous integration, and automated deployment.
- Accountable for Coptic Orphans frontend product’s technical design, availability, scalability, integrity, and security.
- Assist and support in making architecture decisions at a team and product level
- Be hands-on and engage with his team in the development projects and solve all surfacing problems, identifies, and remove technical impediments.
- Works with the business owners to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack.
- Aligning with the business owners about business needs, projects plans/timelines, user stories and user acceptance criteria.
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing best fitting solutions.
- Provides the team with a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality.
- Responsible for building reusable and scalable components with the product owner and business units.
- Report to the IT/IS Director all needed reports/KPI and progress status reports.
This position oversees and supervises a team of Mobile and Web developers. Responsible for tasks and project distribution among the team, managing their performance evaluation and their development plans.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience, seen as an expert in frontend developing.
- Minimum 2 years of team supervision experience.
- Knowledgeable in Web and Android/IOS development design patterns for building scalable and robust Apps is a must.
- Excellent knowledge of native Android/IOS development.
- Excellent understanding of OOP and DevOps Concepts.
- Experience in Agile development cycle, with specific solution architect (or similar) experience is a must
- Experience managing technical priorities and dependencies within the Backlog
- Strong communication skills with the ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions
Travel and Working Requirements
- Limited to typical office environment such as walking, sitting, typing, using office equipment, and occasional lifting of boxes or luggage
- Working out of the official hours and on weekends may be required