DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Type post descriptions and forms required for establishment of new positions, update organization charts, initiate related position actionsin GSM and liaise with HR Unit and the Global Service Center finalization of newly established positions.
- Administer the recruitment of staff and non staff, publish vacancy announcements, screen applicants, and finalize necessary arrangements for tests/interviews, conduct reference checks and initiate necessary appointment actions, finalize contractual arrangements for Special Service Agreements (SSAs), Consultants and Agreements for performance of work (APWs) through the procurement module.
- Monitor expiration of all types of staff and nonstaff contracts; initiate extensions, separations and other staffing actions inGSM; attach necessary documents, check availability of funds, and follow up with different stakeholders timely finalization of actions.
- Administer the attendance system and GSM absence dashboard, update and maintain leave records for staff and non-staff (SSAholders, consultants, etc.), including: verifying leaves claimed in GSM against the records of the Time and Attendance system, alert staff in case of any discrepancy and inform supervisors of excess leaves/absence; submitting leave requests on behalf of absent staff members, and following up with staff to ensure confirmation of leaves in GSM; responding to staff queries related toleave system and coordinating with Global Service Centre (GSC) and Human Resources (HR) to solve any related issues.
- Follow up with concerned units/stakeholders on necessary arrangements regarding, travel, visas, residency permits, security clearances, travel authorizations, UN ID’s, hotel bookings for staff and non-staff.
- Update and maintain HR confidential files (electronic and hard copies), including performance appraisal records, ensure confidentiality, and provide related statistical information and reports as and when necessary, follow up with staff and non-staff the timely submission of Performance Management reports.
- Liaise with Staff Development and Learning unit the induction and training of staff and non staff at country office and sub-offices and ensure its timely completion. Brief staff and non staff on HR related rules/procedures and the use of GSM staff Perform other duties related to area of work and replace colleagues mainly the Assistant to the HWCO as required.
Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by administrative training.
Desirable: University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field is an asset .
Essential: At least five years’ progressive experience in the area of administration, including experience in HR management.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of human resources management policies and procedures.
- Very good time management and stress management skills.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of WHO/UN procedures and HR practices as applicable to the administrative level an asset .
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
Desirable: Knowledge of French in an asset.
Other Considerations (e.g. Physical Workplace Condition, if other than normal office environment; IT Skills; etc.)
– Very good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at EGP 244,952 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line through Stellis. For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
1 -Your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated.
2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education, training and experience are provided under relevant sections.
3- Your experience records are properly entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.