1. Provides HR services focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support in providing guidance on Human Resources’ policies and procedures to UNODC staff in the MENA region;
- Support in the implementation of recruitment processes for locally-recruited staff and personnel, including provision of input to job classification, job descriptions, vacancy announcements, the screening of candidates, the organization of and participation in interview panels, conducting Competency Based Interviews (CBI), writing interview reports, and submitting requests for recruitment to the UNDP Offices concerned.
- Full Management of the recruitment processes of interns, including job descriptions, ensuring compliance with UNODC policy and guidelines on internships, in liaison with the appropriate Focal Point at UNODC HQ.
- Maintenance up to date the contract database in the Field Office Human Resources Management (FOHRM) system. Monitor and track all transactions related to positions, recruitments, HR data, adjustments and separations through FOHRM, and advise/liaise with UNDP Offices for their action.
- Monitor staff attendance in UNODC outposts in the MENA region; acts as Time manager for national staff maintaining attendance records and monitoring of leave recording and reporting.
- Support in creating HR reports and HR tracking sheets.Maintain up to date UNODC ROMENA staffing table, Gender distribution and organizational structure
- Acts as UNODC ROMENA Focal point on contract Management; timely finalization of National Staff contract extension and Issuance and Competency Assessments (RCAs), and contractors’ evaluation forms.
- Participate in Knowledge management and Sharing by contributing in the induction process of all new comers in ROMENA UNODC and monitoring the manadatory courses complention rates to all staff
- Maintenance of HR records and files.
|V. Competencies and Critical Success Factors|
|Professionalism: Project administration experience and skills, and general understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to crime prevention and international relations. Knowledge of the operational modalities of UNODC. Good analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to identify and contribute to the solution of problems/issues; sound judgment and political sensibility.
Communication: Effective communication (spoken, written and presentational) skills. Ability to prepare, consolidate inputs and finalize programmatic reports, project documents and other relevant materials.
Planning, organizing and managing performance: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently
VI. Recruitment Qualifications
Education: University degree in Management, Business Administration, Public Administration or related fields would be required
|Experience:||• 3 years of total relevant experience in Human Resources management is required;
•Experience in contract administration, recruitment, time attendance monitoring staff development and training, counseling is relevant;
•Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
•Relevant experience in UN is deirable
Language Requirements: • Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Interested candidates should submit their duly filled P.11 form and a cover letter explaining why they think they are the best candidate for the position to email@example.com by close of business 6th of August 2022 writing in the subject line the title of the position.