OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the framework of the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization (NMEC) project (402EGY4001), UNESCO Cairo Office, UNESCO Cairo Office, has been providing assistance for the IT network development and maintenance at the NMEC.
At the request of the NMEC, UCO is looking for an IT Network Security Consultant for the NMEC for a duration of 11 months.
Within the framework of the workplan of the NMEC project and under the overall authority of the Director of UNESCO Regional Bureau for Sciences in the Arab States in Cairo and the direct supervision of the Programme Specialist for Culture, a consultant will work with the NMEC IT Team by providing technical assistance for the NMEC IT network security. In this regard, the consultant shall:
1. Design and implement security systems to protect NMEC’s computer networks from cyber-attacks, and help set and maintain security standards.
2. Set and implement user access controls and identity and access management systems.
3. Monitor network and application performance to identify irregular activity.
4. Perform regular audits to ensure that security practices are compliant.
5. Deploy endpoint detection and prevention tools to thwart malicious hacks.
6. Set up patch management systems to update applications automatically.
7. Implement comprehensive vulnerability management systems across all assets on-premises and in the cloud.
8. Work with IT operations to set up a shared disaster recovery/business continuity plan.
9. Work with team to educate employees on how to identify suspicious activities.
10. Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
11. Develop, review, and modify information security policies and standards and implements for NMEC data Center for Internet Security control framework.
12. Monitor advancements in information security to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
13. Manage compliance testing and monitoring of current and future regulatory obligations, and other regulatory matters as required.
14. Conduct internal security risk assessments and security compliance audits.
15. Work with NMEC’s IT team to ensure information security risk findings are reviewed and solutions are implemented.
16. Conduct training sessions for NMEC’s IT team on regular basis to ensure the deliverance and implementation of the museum’s network security.
17. Work with relevant parties to commission activities relating to contingency planning, business continuity management, and IT disaster recovery.
18. Perform all network configurations for design networks and provide support network migration and upgrade processes.
19. Analyze network and provide support to all establish programs, ensure efficient configuration of all voice network tools.
20. Design and implement WLANs and other wireless networks.
21. Install, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
22. Configure Cisco routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security.
23. Maximize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting.
24. Provide Network Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
25. Perform mid to advanced level Cisco UC administration, implementation and troubleshooting.
26. Troubleshoot network/VOIP problems, referring to vendors or technicians as appropriate.
27. Collaborate with different teams to ensure the optimized performance of VoIP and other wireless telecommunication devices.
Deliverables and Indicative Timeline:
The following are documents in English to be submitted within the articulated timeline for review and approval by NMEC and UNESCO;
|1||Work plan of the assignment||No later than 2 weeks after the signing of the contract.|
|2||1st monthly progress report||End of 1st month|
|3||2nd monthly progress report||End of 2nd month|
|4||3rd monthly progress report||End of 3rd month|
|5||4th monthly progress report||End of 4th month|
|6||5th monthly progress report||End of 5th month|
|7||6th monthly progress report||End of 6th month|
|8||7th monthly progress report||End of 7th month|
|9||8th monthly progress report||End of 8th month|
|10||9th monthly progress report||End of 9th month|
|11||Final report||End of 11th month|
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Fees, schedule of deliverables:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences, or in related field.
- Minimum 5-year professional experience in IT Network Security.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Previous experience in IT software.
- A certification of any of the below mentioned courses/programs is preferable:
– CEH: Certified Ethical Hacker
– CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
– CISM: Certified Information Security Manager
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.