Purpose: The general purpose of the job is to manage all technical aspects of SCE’s testing and assessment services and projects for SCE departments and external clients/organizations; assist in developing and managing a new structure and process for SCE’s test development and assessment services; assist in establishing an internal management audit process for SCE’s testing and assessment systems and processes.
- Develop new tests and testing services that satisfy market needs.
- Manage various internal and external test development activities including procurement of language reading texts as needed, passage rating activities as needed, item writing, quality assurance reviews, field testing, item selection, and test form construction.
- Develop test development project schedules and staffing for each test development project.
- Supervise key test development project staff including passage raters, item writers, editors, graphic designers and external reviewers.
- Recruit and conduct training workshops for all SCE raters, speaking examiners, passage raters and item writers.
- Evaluate the performance of test development project staff as well as speaking examiners and raters
- Participate with SCE’s psychometric consultant in testing and assessment validation projects performing statistical analysis and reporting on the findings as needed.
- Maintain and enhance ETAD’s item bank.
- Provide technical support and consultation on achievement tests and assessments for various SCE departments as needed.
- Contribute to the professional development activities on testing, assessment and evaluation techniques to ETAD staff, SCE instructors and external clients/organizations as needed.
- Lead Cambridge University Language Assessment Speaking Examiners to maintain high quality speaking examination procedures.
- Assist in establishing an internal management audit process for SCE’s testing and assessment systems and processes test scoring system.
- Perform any other additional tasks as assigned by the director.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- MA in language linguistics or any related field is required with an emphasis on assessment.
- Experience in educational testing and assessment including designing/developing tests is a must.
- Experience in rating international written/oral English language tests is preferred.
- Experience as an international test item writer or teaching in continuing education is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- High ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
- Good knowledge of basic statistics and ability to handle data analysis.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, with excellent computer skills to handle testing data and test item bank.
- Very strong command of both English (CEFR level C1) and Arabic; speaking and writing.
- Flexible working hours
- Work is assigned in any AUC location
This position is open until August 6, 2022