The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Project Assistant will work with the entrepreneurship department to help Syrian and host nation entrepreneurs improve their business skills to be able to create more jobs and be more financially sustainable.
The hybrid project will begin with 4 hackathons available to entrepreneurs in Jordan & Lebanon. Those who qualify will move to the next level, which will include an intensive 4-month incubation, pitch days, and a Demo Day where the businesses will battle it out for cash prizes.
- Access to a computer or laptop and high-speed internet
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Proficiency in Google workspace, Microsoft Office and Zoom
- Ability to work in a team and capacity to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with gender-sensitive behavior and attitudes
- Proven ability to handle confidential information
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in project implementation & coordination, and team meetings.
- Coordinate with Entrepreneurship Program Manager and project coordinator in creating consultants, experts and vendors ToRs and contracts.
- Follow up with the consultants, experts and vendors.
- Keep track of participants’ attendance and progress through the program, ensuring overall satisfaction of trainers, coaches, mentors, service providers and participants in a timely manner.
- Work with project coordinator in recruitment of mentors/coaches, mentoring/coaching plan and milestones.
- Work with project coordinator on the invite list including investors, other investment bodies and judges to attend investor reception.
- Work with project coordinator in mapping of investors and facilitation of connecting participants and investors.
- Coordination between teams and service providers to achieve set milestones.
- Prepare monthly time sheets.
- Keep track of invoices and proof of payment.
- Assist the technical assistance team members with setting up tools and systems, & onboarding of beneficiaries and service providers to the platform.
- Assist in logistic and procurement duties.
- Communicate assigned tasks progress on weekly basis
- Assist to maintaining a clear and transparent filing system
- Other tasks as needed
M&E Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the project Monitoring and Evaluation plan and its effective and efficient implementation.
- Ensure that logframe performance and impact indicators are defined and are SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound).
- Develop measurement methods and identify data sources for project performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective project component teams.
- Provide quality assurance through the development and implementation of an M&E Operations and Reporting Manual for the project.
- Coordinate with MEAL manager & Project Coordinator on all MEAL needs, including baseline and endline reporting, mid-term updates and final report, managing necessary reporting and documentation to Entrepreneurship Program Manager.
- Monitor the activities based on the project implementation plan through monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Assist in developing operational monitoring tools (checklist, questionnaires, databases, interview and survey forms, etc.)
- Data collection, data entry & data analysis based on project requirements with ensuring data accuracy and reliability.
- Participate in the project’s quality, implementation, particularly through identifying weaknesses and strengths in M&E issues and provide timely inputs for new initiatives and improvements on M&E issues to the management team.
- Participate in the evaluation of the project’s results and achievements.
- Actively collaborate with Jusoor & donor M&E personnel and provide inputs to develop databases on project activities and assist to updating regularly the database according to the project requirements
- Provide inputs to project reports and publications upon request of the management team.
- Prepare weekly/monthly schedule of monitoring, tracking and evaluation related activities.
- Provide M&E verbal and written reports on a weekly basis to the management team.
- Work with project coordinator & entrepreneurship assistant in conducting & managing participants attendance and progress through the project, ensuring overall satisfaction of participants, Trainers, Coaches and Service providers.
- Support short-term M&E evaluators and experts as required.
- Support research and study activities on M&E related issues.
- Ensure that lessons learned are fed back into project implementation and reporting.
- Record Success and failure stories (if applicable) and communicate them to project management team
- Other Monitoring and Evaluation functions as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree (preferred) in statistics, development studies, social studies or its equivalent experience with a formal qualification of monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, analysis, and learning
- Advanced computer skills in Google work space, Microsoft Office, Database management, SPSS or other statistical packages
- Excellent Arabic and English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good strategic and analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in entrepreneurship projects / competitions (preferable)
Our culture and values
We place integrity, accountability, fairness, and respect at the core of our values. We:
- Treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Never engage in or accept any form of harassment, bullying, discrimination, exploitation or abuse of any kind.
- Always demonstrate collegiality and openness to different viewpoints.
- Act honestly and professionally in all work-related matters, and uphold ethical professional practices
- Are inclusive and provide equitable access to information, resources and opportunity
Why work with us
- Fun and diverse team to work with and learn from
- Exceptional paid time off and parental policies
- Yearly stipend for books, courses, and conferences (focused on individuals’ career goals), & a variety of training opportunities across the organization.
- Opportunities for creativity and directing your career path within the organization
How to apply
Jusoor is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a welcoming work environment. Jusoor does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities and people of all gender identities are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit their CV and a cover letter (no longer than one page) outlining their background and interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line M&E Assistant before the end of day on August 22, 2022.
Applications that do not follow the above instructions will not be considered.
As a result of the high number of applications we receive and the limited resources we have, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.