Purpose: The program coordinator will carry out key responsibilities in the on-going monitoring and support of USAID AUC Merit Award (UAMA) students, and coordination/development of various program activities that will be implemented by the sponsor and its partners. The program coordinator is considered a key position in the program and plays a crucial role in all coordination efforts with the sponsor, compiles and submits technical and progress reports and meets with the sponsor when requested to ensure program goals are met. He/she will to ensure that UAMA students are provided with the needed support to become civic-minded, intellectually-able, and professionally skilled community and leaders.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of the program in line with the requirements of the sponsor and its agreement with the University.
- Guide students through University policies and procedures and the scholarship terms and conditions.
- Welcome new students, ensure that they are included in FYP (First Year Program) orientation activities and walk with them closely through the first weeks of their journey at AUC.
- Advise and guide students in adjusting to the University environment through individual mentoring, coaching and advising sessions.
- Maintain regular contact and communications with UAMA students and alert Sponsor to any concerns, issues, or problems that may arise.
- Determine and interpret student needs on an individual basis, and initiate referrals to appropriate student and/or academic services and resolve problems.
- Ensure compliance to the scholarship requirements.
- Follow-up and document the students’ academic performance and progress and recommend interventions if needed.
- Compile grades and submit mid-term and final progress reports for each student every semester.
- Ensure that the program and student activities are featured in AUC publications and websites, with approval of the sponsor.
- Available for students during office hours and by phone in case of any emergency.
- Coordination of student activities and assist with any type of logistical arrangement for sessions and activities.
- Utilize different evaluation tools to assess, evaluate and interpret student needs and trends to develop a range of student services and activities. Coordinate service learning and volunteer experiences on campus and in the surrounding community to increase outreach and awareness for student government and leadership.
- Conduct regular monthly check-in meetings with students for monitoring purposes and compliance to the scholarship requirements and the student grant agreement.
- Encourage students to attend University wide events, activities and clubs.
- Coordinate with the UAMA finance specialist regarding the student disbursements, financial reimbursement and other student’s financial issues.
- Facilitate the participation UAMA students in exchange program opportunities.
- Facilitate students’ completing courses abroad that would be counted towards their graduation requirements in their respective fields and inform the sponsor of any potential challenges.
- Work on the needed Key Performance Indicators for monitoring and evaluation purposes needed by the donor.
- Report and share the best practices, challenges, and issues and to provide updates on the program and students.
- Submit a semi-annual technical annual report and copies of student enrollment documents as evidence of being part of the USAID AUC Merit Awards activity for current and new students at the beginning of each semester.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in humanities or social sciences (preferably in psychology or developmental field).
- 10 years of experience with 5 years specialized in dealing with students/scholarship management.
- USAID funded programs experience is an asset.
- Expertise in youth leadership development and scholarship management with 5+ years of experience in multinational organizations.
- Excellent management skills and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong advising, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Strong computer skills.
position is open until July 27, 2022