Summary of key results:
- Facilitating the process of consultancy contracts, vendors and external partners that support programme delivery. Preparing, filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeping vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
- Collecting invoices, filing documents as well as processing in VISION and Service Gateway.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings, as well as minutes of meetings.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in the section for travel arrangements and entitlements.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs).
- Supporting meetings and conferences taking care of the logistical arrangements, liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
Specific Technical Knowledge Required
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software
- Strong office management skills.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Core Competencies: Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness, Works Collaboratively with others, Builds and Maintains Partnerships, Innovates and Embraces Change, Thinks and Acts Strategically, Drive to achieve impactful results, Manages ambiguity and complexity.
To view our competency framework, please visit here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children.
This Vacancy announcement is open to all internals and Externals.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
“UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/”.
“UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable [underrepresented demographic group, e.g. women from programme countries -or male candidates-] will be prioritized.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Deadline: Egypt Standard Time