The Programme Associate plays a lead role in the coordination of programme/projects support services for the office. He/she performs a broad range of programme, planning and budgeting activities requiring in-depth analysis and interpretation of relevant policies, procedures and practices. The incumbent provides procedural guidance to managers and staff in the office or location.
The Programme Associate reports to the Programme Officer (FAOR Network). Work is performed autonomously, showing a high degree of initiative and independent judgment. Supervision received is focused on facilitating service delivery. The incumbent provides guidance and training to programme support staff in the office.
The Programme Associate maintains a wide range of contacts with managers, staff and stakeholders inside and outside the office. The incumbent collaborates closely with colleagues in other offices and the corporate services, ensuring the quality and consistency of programme/projects support services.
• Coordinate the preparation, submission, revision and follow-up of the Programme of Work and Budget (PWB), as well as the monitoring and provision of information on the implementation of the PWB.
• Coordinate, review and analyse the Periodic Budgetary Reports for final submission to the Office of Strategy, Programme and Budget (OSP).
• Assemble and synthesize data from corporate and’office data bases to facilitate the analysis of programmes, projects or activities, and to draft periodic or ad hoc management reports.
• Monitor projects and ensure the maintenance and retrieval of programming reference material, documentation, data and information.
• Consolidate and monitor various reports on human resources planning and expenditures, the use of non-staff resources, communication and publishing plans, IT plans and travel schedules.
• Screen incoming correspondence to identify issues requiring further attention and draft related correspondence.
• Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing across the office through training of staff and briefing of budget holders on administrative/budgetary/planning/programming/financial procedures and processes.
• Review current processes and make recommendations to improve programme/projects administration procedures.
• Perform other functions as required.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent’s work impacts directly on the smooth and efficient operations of the programme/project activities of the office. He/she plays a lead role in the coordination and provision of the programme support services for the successful achievement of the office’s mandate. He/she plays a pro-active role in the successful achievement of the office’s mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative/financial/planning/programming/budgeting activities.
Languages: Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and either Arabic or French.
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Residency: General Service Staff are recruited locally. To be eligible for this position, candidates must be nationals of the country of the duty station or possess an existing visa/work permit, and reside within commuting distance of the duty station at the time of the application. “Commuting distance” means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence.
• Results Focus
• Team Work
• Building effective relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Thorough knowledge of corporate information systems.
• Thorough knowledge of programme and budget processes and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of common administrative and financial rules and regulations.
• Thorough knowledge of communication and documentation standards.