Purpose of the Job
The Sponsorship Specialist will be responsible for the cultivation and promotion of long-term relationships with sponsors outside of Egypt. S/He will establish and manage an interactive and impactful relationship between a sponsor and child through ongoing correspondence, gift and visits. Through coordinating between field staff and Donor Relations abroad, s/he provides support to each department to assure a smooth and efficient collaboration while implementing the organization’s sponsorship policies and procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the visits and phone calls of sponsors to their children in Egypt and accompanytranslate for them if required
- Ensure the delivery of letters between the sponsors and children
- Follow up with the Data Processing team on translating letters sent from sponsors to their children
- Track & ensure the delivery of gifts to children
- Respond to sponsors’ inquiries for information on their children in a timely manner
- Network and build relationships with potential and existing donors in Egypt
- Present the sponsorship program to The 21 trip fellows and STL volunteers during the debrief session for each trip to sponsor children
- Manage & maintain in-kind donations and record them on the system.
- Update and maintain sponsor records on the system with all activities and communications conducted
- Participate in new Volunteer Representatives orientations and meetings to ensure good understanding of the sponsorship system as needed
- Help in projects that promote the organization’s sponsorship program and its different components in order to bring in new sponsors and donors. Such projects include, but not limited to developing newsletters, videos, and utilizing available platforms such as: CO’s Website, Sponsors Portal, Salesforce System, etc.
- Perform other relevant tasks and functions as required by the direct manager
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Public relations and/or related field
- At least 3 years work experience
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented with excellent follow up skills and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently
- Persuasive, polished and articulate communicator; must be comfortable, confident and courteous on the telephone with stakeholders
- Experience with database or contact management software like Salesforce.
- Excellent command of the English and Arabic languages, written and spoken
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Travel and Working Environment
- Local travels for sponsors’ visits are required across Egypt’s governorates whenever needed
- Working out of the official hours and on weekends may be required